Team Canada by the numbers
Regina and Montreal key cities for Canadian Olympic men's hockey roster
Team Canada is loaded with highly productive, experienced players who come from across the country. Here's a look at the team through a number of categories:
2 - Players from Regina and Montreal, the most from a particular city.
2 - Goalies who are in top 10 in NHL in save percentage (minimum 20 games played): Carey Price, Roberto Luongo.
3 - Players who were also on the 2006 Olympic team: Roberto Luongo, Jay Bouwmeester and Rick Nash.
3 - Players from the Chicago Blackhawks, the most of any NHL team. There are two each from Montreal, Vancouver, Anahiem, Los Angeles, Pittsburgh and San Jose.
6 - Player in the top 10 in goals (in order): Patrick Sharp, Sidney Crosby, Chris Kunitz, Corey Perry, John Tavares and Ryan Getzlaf.
6 - Players who are NHL captains: Jamie Benn, Sidney Crosby, Ryan Getzlaf, John Tavares, Jonathan Toews, Shea Weber. Another seven captains were considered but didn't make the list: Andrew Ladd, Mark Giordano, Claude Giroux, Dion Phaneuf, Martin St. Louis, Eric Staal, Joe Thornton.
7 - Players in the top 10 in NHL in points (in order): Sidney Crosby, John Tavares, Ryan Getzlaf, Chris Kunitz, Patrick Sharp, Corey Perry, Jonathan Toews.
9 - Stanley Cup champions (Bergeron, Carter, Crosby, Getzlaf, Keith (2), Kunitz, Perry, Sharp (2), Toews (2)).
10 - Active players from 2010 that were left off this roster: Dan Boyle, Mike Richards, Brent Seabrook, Eric Staal, Joe Thornton, Jarome Iginla, Dany Heatley, Brendan Morrow, Martin Brodeur, Marc-Andre Fleury.
11 - Players returning from the 2010 Olympic team that won gold: Roberto Luongo, Shea Weber, Drew Doughty, Duncan Keith, Sidney Crosby, Patrick Marleau, Rick Nash, Ryan Getzlaf, Corey Perry, Patrice Bergeron, Jonathan Toews.
Ontario dominates Team Canada
11 - Players from Ontario: Jeff Carter, Drew Doughty, Matt Duchene, Rick Nash, Corey Perry, Alex Pietrangelo, Patrick Sharp, Mike Smith, Stephen Stamkos, PK Subban, John Tavares.
5 - Players from B.C.: Jamie Benn, Dan Hamhuis, Duncan Keith, Carey Price, Shea Weber.
3 - Saskatchewan: Ryan Getzlaf, Chris Kunitz, Patrick Marleau.
3 - Quebec: Patrice Bergeron, Roberto Luongo, Marc-Edouard Vlasic.
1 - Alberta: Jay Bouwmeester.
1- Manitoba: Jonathan Toews.
1 - Nova Scotia: Sidney Crosby.
345,000 - Saskatchewan's three players rate highest on a per capita basis, one for approximately every 345,000 residents.
25 - Players on complete roster
The age reflects how old the players will be when the Sochi Olympics tournament starts for Canada on Feb. 13:
- Roberto Luongo, 34, G, Montreal, Vancouver Canucks
- Carey Price, 26, G, Anahim Lake, B.C., Montreal Canadiens
- Mike Smith, 31, G, Kingston, Ont., Phoenix Coyotes
- Jay Bouwmeester, 30, D, Edmonton, St. Louis Blues
- Drew Doughty, 24, D, London, Ont., Los Angeles Kings
- Dan Hamhuis, 31, D, Smithers, B.C., Vancouver Canucks
- Duncan Keith, 30, D, Penticton, B.C., Chicago Blackhawks
- Alex Pietrangelo, 24, D, King City, Ont., St. Louis Blues
- P.K. Subban, 24, D, Toronto, Montreal Canadiens
- Marc-Edouard Vlasic, 26, D, Montreal, San Jose Sharks
- Shea Weber, 28, D, Sicamous, B.C., Nashville Predators
- Jamie Benn, 24, F, Saanichton, B.C. Dallas Stars
- Patrice Bergeron, 28, F, Sillery, Que., Boston Bruins
- Jeff Carter, 29, F, London, Ont., Los Angeles Kings
- Sidney Crosby, 26, F, Cole Harbour, N.S., Pittsburgh Penguins
- Matt Duchene, 23, F, Haliburton, Ont., Colorado Avalanche
- Ryan Getzlaf, 28, F, Regina, Anaheim Ducks
- Chris Kunitz, 34, F, Regina, Pittsburgh Penguins
- Patrick Marleau, 34, F, Aneroid, Sask., San Jose Sharks
- Rick Nash, 29, F, Brampton, Ont. New York Rangers
- Corey Perry, 28, F, Peterborough, Ont., Anaheim Ducks
- Patrick Sharp, 32, F, Thunder Bay, Ont., Chicago Blackhawks
- Steven Stamkos, 24, F, Unionville, Ont., Tampa Bay Lightning
- John Tavares, 23, F, Oakville, Ont., New York Islanders
- Jonathan Toews, 25, F, Winnipeg, Chicago Blackhawks